Friday, April 6, 2012

Paypal Teams up with Gas Stations

According to a recent article in Venture Beat Online Magazine,American Express has teamed up with Verizon Wireless to support the credit card company's digital wallet platform- Serve. American Express also announced a similar venture recently with Sprint. With Serve, American Express hopes to reach new markets of consumers who are comfortable with technology but don't use traditional credit cards. Serve also allows customers to create sub-accounts for spouses and children That allows parents to specify how much money can be spent and what it can be spent on! I'm kind of glad this technology didn't exist when I first came to college... This could put an end to "parent-sponsored" beer runs! To read this article visit: http://venturebeat.com/2011/08/01/american-express-teams-up-with-verizon-wireless-on-serve-digital-payment-accounts/

3 comments:

  1. I think that they should have a limit on the account. Kids and teens don't use money wisely most of the time, I for one sometime do buy dumb things. I think all of this technology can get complicated, but it does make life a bit easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea's of these online wallets. It does make things much easier for parents with kids in school. The only thing that would complicate things is if you were traveling and you couldn't find a gas station that would give you access to your wallet. I guess you'd be out of luck then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This can also create some conflicting problems with the parent to child relationship. As a child you do not want your parents knowing everything you purchase from the store. I agree I am glad this was not invited when I first came to college.

    ReplyDelete